- Helped secure the future of the Victoria Hospital and also arranged for new signs to be erected.
- Secured the new cycle path from Lewes to Kingston.
- Helped in the implementation of flood defences following the tragic floods in 2000.
- Secured the reopening of Lewes bus station.
- Continues to campaign vigorously for the reopening of the Lewes/Uckfield line
- Norman helped to secure additional rail services for Plumpton and additional carriages on services to Lewes
- Secured a £225,000 grant to a project to improve local cycling and green travel at Lewes station including a cycle hub for 200 bikes including cycle repair and maintenance.
- Lib Dems in Government have given £2,501,195 to support local housing for people throughout the area. This includes bringing back empty homes giving the local construction industry a much-needed boost.