- Norman set up and led a key cross-party meeting with the port owners to drive forward regeneration
- Norman fought vigorously against the incinerator in Newhaven, and now fights to prevent increased lorry movements, and for the town to get some financial benefits from Veolia, something the Conservative county council failed to do
- Norman fought to secure the construction base of the Rampion wind farm in the town, securing many jobs
- Norman worked to successfully secure the placement of a University Technical College in the town
- Norman continues to fight for business in the town centre and has secured a review of traffic flow in the High Street
- Lib Dems in Government have given £2,501,195 to support local housing for people throughout the area. This includes bringing back empty homes giving the local construction industry a much-needed boost.