- Norman has worked hard both locally and in his role at the Department for Transport to ensure that it is easier and cheaper for councils to reduce speed limits on rural roads.
- Norman has campaigned alongside locals to stop the Tory County Council from cutting school buses, forcing young children to walk to school along unsafe country roads .
- Norman secured action to resolve the supply problems that were causing regular power failures in Plumpton.
- Norman has been working with East Dean residents to look at speed limits in private estates.
- Norman has been working with residents of Alfriston, supporting SAFE and promoting potentials solutions to reduce the number of heavy vehicles passing through the village.
- Lib Dems in Government have given £2,501,195 to support local housing for people throughout the area. This includes bringing back empty homes giving the local construction industry a much-needed boost.